- Participating in the Award is an opportunity to gain European recognition and a unique chance to review the current situation in your city.
- It also allows you to share experiences with other European cities, helping you to become an even better city to live and visit.
- Winning cities receive a financial prize:
- 1st prize: €150 000
- 2nd prize: €120 000
- 3rd prize: €80 000
Who can apply?
The Access City Award is open to
- all EU cities of over 50 000 inhabitants
- urban areas composed of two or more towns with a combined population of over 50 000 inhabitants, if they are in EU countries with fewer than 2 cities with over 50 000 inhabitants
The juries will consider measures taken and planned in the following areas:
- built environment and public spaces
- transport and related infrastructure
- information and communication, including new technologies (ICTs)
- public facilities and services
Prepare your application now in the application portal. The deadline to apply is 8 September 2022 at 23:59 CEST.
- 13 June 2022: Launch of the competition
- 8 September 2022 (23:59 CEST): Application deadline
- Beginning of November 2022: Announcement of finalists
- 25 November 2022: Announcement of winner and runners-up at the award ceremony