This survey has been carried out on the situation of Cochlear Implantation in Europe due to COVID19 in the 3rd week of April. We have obtained 20 responses representing 18 countries. From Finland and Germany, 2 representatives responded. The countries represented are: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Spain, Estonia, Finland, UK, Greece, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Sweden. Cochlear implant operations have been stopped in practically all countries because of the ceasing of elective surgeries. Only in the 2 countries (Denmark and Finland) report that cochlear implantation operations are believed to have continued. In Finland one of the representatives indicated yes and the other indicated no.
Transcription of the data reflected in the image:
- Have CI surgeries sttoped?:
- Yes: 83,33%
- No: 11,11%
- I do not know: 5,56%
- Did they start with remote fitting to replace live-fittings?:
- Yes (Germany, Netherland, Norway): 20,00 %
- No (Italy, Spain, Estonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Portugal, Georgia, Greece) : 46,67%
- For some (Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Finland, United Kingdon): 33,33%
- Did they start with remote rehabilitation to replace live-rehabilitation?
- Yes (Denmark, Italy, Estonia, Greece, Netherland): 27,78%
- No (Slovakia, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina) 33,33%
- In some instances (United Kingdom, Germany, Finland, Belgium) 27,22%
- Do not know (Swden, Norway, Czech Republic) 16,67%